Schools often invite guest speakers to visit to talk to the students about many things, including setting goals, overcoming peer pressure, and working hard to accomplish different things. If you are the principal of a school, you may want to find some inspirational people to speak in the auditorium full of students to provide an enriching lesson to them.
The Guest Speaker Can Talk About Obstacles in Life
Students can learn a lot from a guest speaker. Many students struggle with different obstacles and do not always believe in their ability to overcome them. Having a guest speaker who comes from poverty or who has overcome bad situations shows the students that it is entirely possible to get out of a bad situation and turn their lives around for the better. The guest speaker may go over the following topics:
- How to improve self-esteem and self-confidence
- How to handle stressful situations
- What to do when someone is trying to use peer pressure as a tactic to get another person to do something
- How to stay motivated
- How to become more productive in general
The guest speaker provides lessons to students who can use the advice and guidance of someone who has been in their shoes before.
Students Can Ask Different Questions During the Assembly
When having an assembly in the auditorium where a guest speaker is present, the students can listen to what the guest speaker has to say and then decide to ask different questions. Students may want to know how the guest speaker ended up in the position that he or she is in. Some of the questions that students might ask during their time with the guest speaker include:
- At what age did you know that you wanted to do what you are doing now?
- What things did you do to stay motivated?
- How did you pick yourself up when you were feeling down and doubting yourself?
- What kind of advice would you give to people who want to do what you do?
The guest speaker is willing to answer these questions as part of the visit to the school to help students learn.
A good guest speaker is personable and helpful in many ways. Students will remember a caring guest speaker who has a lot of valuable information to offer. As the principal of a school, select the guest speaker wisely and make sure the information they offer is information your students can use to their advantage now and in the future when they are adults.Share